Are you suited to a prepaid phone connection? What kind of usage does it require? We answer your questions.
As a new mobile phone user, you are quite excited about learning how to use the device and enjoy the kind of connectivity with the world that others around you are enjoying. You’ve got the phone, now you need to buy the SIM card to go with it.
You wonder if you should get a prepaid SIM card or a postpaid one. Some of your friends tell you that a prepaid one is better for you, if you’re not going to use too much data. Plus, you can always switch to a postpaid connection at a later date.
Who needs a prepaid connection?
It’s always a confusing choice to make between getting a postpaid phone connection or trying a prepaid one.
- Normally, first time mobile phone users, like senior citizens, students and homemakers, choose to go with prepaid connections. Their usage might be low, or they might not need too much data.
- However, there are very few points of difference between prepaid and postpaid connections offered by leading mobile providers. For instance, a new Airtel prepaid connection will fetch you about 1.4 GB of daily data (the data quota is refreshed every day till the pack is valid). That’s a high amount of data for your daily surfing needs. Most postpaid customers also use up about the same amount of data every day.
- Another reason you might opt for a prepaid connection, is that you like to spend a fixed amount of money every month on your phone usage. You don’t like the uncertainty of having differing phone bill amounts every month, which happens with postpaid phones.
- A prepaid pack is valid for a certain number of days and is purchased at a certain set price. Once you recharge the prepaid pack upon expiry of validity, the connection continues working as before.
Why get a new Airtel prepaid connection?
Apart from their data offerings, leading providers like Airtel offer the highest network speeds and always-on connectivity. You will never suffer from network outages, or unexplained call drops, with an Airtel prepaid connection.
- It is really simple to buy a new Airtel prepaid connection. Just log on to the Airtel website or smartphone app, and fill in a few details as prompted (Name, address, locality in Delhi/NCR, whether you are buying a new connection or switching to Airtel prepaid) and allow the company to revert to you.
- Your new Airtel prepaid SIM card is delivered to your doorstep within 24 hours. This service is currently available in the Delhi/NCR only.
- The KYC and Aadhaar biometric verification required to make the new Airtel prepaid connection active, are completed at your residence.
- Once all the verifications are complete, the Airtel SIM card is activated and you can start using it.
- Thereafter, you can recharge the connection online by accessing the myAirtel app, or the Airtel website. You can even change your existing pack at a later date.