We have always fanboyed/girled luxury watches, without any regrets. Every year after the Salon International De La Haute Horlogerie, world’s largest watch and jewellery show, we see what trends would be followed in the upcoming year with respect to the particular commodities. Once the trends have been disclosed, they are usually followed by the watch stores as well as catalogues in the rest of the world.
However, the smartwatches are taking over the rest of the world. This is no way suggests that the other analogue watches are going to come to an end. Nope, they are still growing because people still think that watches are the most professional, when required, pieces of accessory and work pretty well, otherwise, too.
However, we sure have come across the trends that are going to be around in the year 2018. Allow us to give an insight into it:
- Jacquet Droz: Seconde Skelet-One – The brand is one that has always stunned the market with the unique collection of watches that it presents. The dials of this watch aren’t located in the centre. The watch is a mixture of the traditional watches, that we have seen in the past, along with the modern touch. The watch is available in three different colours. We are a little sceptical with regard to the detailing of the watch because as much as we appreciate the transparency but we are being exposed to something new altogether.
- Frederique Constant Hybrid – The watch is a brand new style in the market because of the fact that it has a fitness tracker as well as a watch in the same package. The dial of the watch looks traditional, however, the dial has inculcated in itself few of the features which are offered by a digital watch. The watch gets complicated when you try to figure out the features in it which are similar to that of a digital watch. Thus, we have to be extremely careful while we make sense of the match so that no other thing pertaining to it is meddled with during the operation of the digital watch.
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Red Magic – Hublot has, for the very first time, launched a bright red coloured watch which is made out of the same material as that of the Ferrari Unico Carbon Red Ceramic. Since this watch has finally made it to the market under a big brand name, it must be acknowledged that this watch raises the chances of becoming a part of future wardrobe choices made by the people. You may not like it at first but with the queer trends and tastes that the people hold from time to time, we are yet to see what happens on Hublot watches.
- Longines Legend Diver Black PVD – We are not always after completely black watches because they may not per se match our appeal, however, this particular watch has caught our eye and there is no way we can take our eyes off it. The watch is equipped with a rubber strap and it looks really cool. The watch is water resistant up to 300m.
- Bulgari Octo Finissimo Tourbillon Automatic – This watch is THE watch of the year, according to us. This watch is the world’s thinnest automatic watch and it is appreciated because of the fact that it supposed to be a daily wear watch. The watch is a mere 3.95 mm thick overall. The diameter of the dial 42 mm and the watch is water resistant to 30 meters. However, what should be taken note of is the fact that the watch is here to stay and has tightened the competition for the people in this realm.
- The Spinnaker Bradner – As much as we love uniqueness, the Spinnaker never fails us. The watch is thick, unlikes the watch that we have previously mentioned. However, what should be understood with regard to this watch that the colour combination with which the watch has been designed is eye catchy and something that we haven’t stopped thinking of, particularly about the three-dimensional depth that we are exposed to. The watch is likely to make its debut on the 20th of July.
- The Oris Carl Brashear Chronograph – The watches of this particularly aimed at maintaining the quality of the era that has gone, they make an effort to mix the same with the modernness of the world. The dial consists of dots and triangles and is covered in a minimum text which makes the dial look pretty clean as compared to its counterparts. The watch, in combination with all this, lacks a date function. All the hands of this watch are gold plated. This is a diversification in the conventional watch world that we are aware of. The watch in its entirety is one of the best that we have come across, thus far.